Welcome to Galveston College Financial Aid Office. Our office is here to help you and your family plan for the cost of college. We can assist you with applying for financial aid, veterans benefits, scholarships, and other financial aid opportunities. So, please stop by to meet our friendly and knowledgeable staff.
The 2018-19 FAFSA application will be available October 1, 2017.
- On the 2018–19 FAFSA form, you (and your parents, as appropriate) will report your 2016 income information.
- Since you’ll already have filed your 2016 taxes by the time the FAFSA form launches, you’ll be able to import your tax information into the FAFSA form right away using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT). (No more logging back in to update after filing taxes!)
- Not everyone is eligible to use the IRS DRT and the IRS DRT does not input all the financial information required on the FAFSA form. Therefore, you should have your 2016 tax return and 2016 IRS W-2 available for reference.
- Galveston College School Code is 004972
General Processing Time Once Forms Are Submitted
- Verification documents = 2 to 3 weeks
- Loan applications = 1 to 2 weeks
- Appeals and supplemental documentation = 10 business days
- Other forms and documentation = 2 to 3 weeks
- Processing times may increase during peak periods.
- Incomplete or insufficient forms will cause processing delays.
- You may check your award status on your Whitecaps Portal.
- If you have not received a reply by the end of the general processing time, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
The application to apply for federal aid or Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is FREE to complete, please do not pay to fill out the FAFSA.