Give to the Galveston College Foundation
In 1996, the Galveston College Foundation formed a separate community based non-profit, an IRS 501 (c) 3, in large part, to establish the Universal Access program which was designed to reduce local high school drop-out rates by providing college tuition and fee payments for local high school graduates regardless of income level. The generosity of local businesses, individuals, and area foundations established an endowment of $6.2 million. This combined with federal assistance permits Galveston College to offer an unparalleled tuition assistance program for the well to do and underserved. Please see the Universal Access Guidelines and Foundation links.
Please consider your corporate or personal gift to the Galveston College Foundation and click “Donate Now”.
The Office of Development and the Galveston College Foundation exist to support and enhance the ability of Galveston College to achieve its mission of advancing people’s lives through lifelong learning.
Students and Support
- Almost 73% of Galveston College students attend part-time.
- 38.2% of Galveston College students are enrolled in technical programs.
- 41.6% of Galveston College students receive Pell-grants.
- 43.8% of Galveston College faculty are full-time (vs. 39% state average).
- According to the 2014 Almanac, Galveston College ranked 2nd in each of the three Texas Success Initiative (TSI) subject areas when compared to all other two-year public institutions.
Contact Galveston College Foundation
Maria S. Tripovich, Director of Development and G.C. Foundation