How to Register for Credit Courses
Visit the Continuing Education registration page to register for non-credit/Continuing Education courses.
Welcome to Galveston College!
New students and students who have not been at Galveston College within the past 12 months must follow all steps below to register for credit courses at Galveston College. Students who have been at Galveston College within the past 12 months may skip to step 5 below.
Students who have a hold on their record will be prevented from registering for new classes until the hold is cleared. Students may view their hold via the Whitecaps Portal and should contact the listed office to clear the obligation.
Registration is not complete until payment is complete. For payment options, please contact the Business Office at 409-944-1362.
Step 3 - Take the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment
The State of Texas requires all students to be assessed in Mathematics, Reading, and Writing to determine course placement and eligibility. Some students may be exempt from taking the TSI assessment. Visit the TSI Assessment Information website for more information regarding the test.
Students may also visit with a Counselor or Advisor in the Counseling/Advising Center (Moody Hall, Room 150) to determine if the TSI assessment is required.
TSI Assessment Information
Step 5 - Visit with an Advisor/Counselor
New students should visit with their Advisor/Counselor or Program Coordinator to plan their schedule and map out their career and educational goals. Continuing or returning students are encouraged to keep in touch with their assigned advisor to stay on track to graduation.
The Advising/Counseling Center is located in Moody Hall, Room 150, and may be reached via telephone at 409-944-1220.
Advising/Counseling Center Information
Step 6 - Register for Classes
Students may register in-person or online using the Whitecaps Portal. Detailed instructions for registering online are as follows:
- Click on Whitecaps Portal
- Enter your GC user ID and Password (The password is the same as your current campus computer password) and click Login. If you have difficulty logging in or need your password reset, please contact the IT Service Desk at 409-944-1352.
- Under “Quick links”, please select Register for Classes.
- Select Search and Register for Classes.
- Select a term, enter as many search criteria as you wish, and click Submit.
- To add a class, click the Select Section(s) box next to the section you want to add and click Submit
- Select the appropriate action for each section and click Submit
- Review your registration results and click OK
Registration is not complete until payment arrangements are made.
Step 7 - Pay for Classes
Registration is not complete until payment arrangements are made. Students may pay in person at the Business Office (Moody Hall, Room 222) or online via the FACTS payment system. For more information on paying online, please visit the FACTS payment system information page.
Payment questions may be directed to Business Office via telephone at 409-944-1362.
FACTS Online Payment Information
Contact Galveston College