Dual Credit / High School Students
High school students can earn college credits while concurrently attending high school. Galveston College’s dual credit program provides an opportunity for high schools students to get a head-start on earning transferable college credits at a minimal cost before graduating from high school.
Apply for Admission
Dual Credit Requirements
- Must be classified as a high school student.
- Complete the Application for Admission with the Residency Questionnaire or the online Apply Texas application.
- Demonstrate readiness for college coursework via the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment, ACT, SAT, STAAR End of Course Assessment, PSAT, or other approved assessment. Please visit your high school counselor to ensure readiness standards are met.
- Complete the Dual Credit Enrollment Form and obtain all signatures.
- Submit an official high school transcript.
All completed and signed documents should be submitted to the Galveston College Dual Credit Advisor – Priscilla Culver. Ms. Culver may be reached by telephone at 409-944-1251 or email at email@example.com.
Students who take a dual credit course which meets on the Galveston College campus will be required to submit proof of vaccination against Bacterial Meningitis. The vaccine must have been administered within the past five years.
Additional credit may be available through designated Advanced Placement (AP) high school courses. Contact your high school guidance counselor for more information.
Bacterial Meningitis Information
All entering students are required by the State of Texas to have been vaccinated against Bacterial Meningitis. Click here for more information.
Fall & Spring Semesters
Monday & Tuesday
8:00 a.m – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Summer I & II Semesters (May – August)
Monday – Thursday
7:30 a.m – 6:00 p.m.
Closed on Friday