Galveston College Upward Bound, a TRIO Program funded through the U.S. Department of Education, is a college preparatory program designed to serve fifty-seven 9th–12th grade students at Ball High School. The goal of Upward Bound is to increase the rates at which participants enroll in and graduate from institutions of postsecondary education by increasing the academic performance and motivation of participants.
- To instill in students a positive attitude towards learning and postsecondary education
- To expose the students to new academic, social, and cultural learning experiences
- To provide academic assistance for each student
- To help the students increase their understanding of and ability to cope with their environment
- To increase school performance and educate students in career and college choices
- To provide fundamental support to participants in their preparation to succeed in pre-college performance and ultimately empowering them to obtain a Bachelor’s degree
- Content Author troberts