Resources for Student Organizations
Here you will find several resources to help you begin or maintain your student organization here at Galveston College! If you have any questions you may always contact the Office of Student Activities at any time, or reference the Student Activities Handbook.
The following forms must be picked up from the Coordinator of Student Activities.
Student Organization Expenditures Form
After you have spoken with the Coordinator of Student Activities and received the proper advisement regarding your activity, please note that all forms must be turned into the Coordinator of Student Activities fourteen (14) business day prior to your event in order to receive the proper approvals and/or make changes if they are requested by the designee assigned to approve the necessary documents for each event.
Guidelines for Student Trip Approvals
GC Faculty Members and/or Student Organizations must adhere to the following guidelines when taking a group of GC Students on a trip:
1. A “Student Travel” form should be submitted to the Office of Student Activities fourteen (14) business days prior to the date of the trip.
2. A complete description of the purpose of the travel and a copy of the program or conference should be attached to the request.
3. The following supporting documentation should be included:
· Date, time, place of program or conferences;
· Registration fee documentation;
· Travel mode and cost;
· Purpose of travel; and
· Complete list of all students and other individuals traveling to the program/conference;
4. If there are any expenses for the trip then after “Student Travel” form has been approved, a check request for expenses to be incurred will be submitted by the advisor to the Office of Student Activities for an approval signature and then forwarded to the Vice President for Student Services for final approval. The check request for expenses will be forwarded to the Business Office for processing.
5. All students traveling must fill out the Galveston College Student Travel Procedures Form. Copies will be made and filed in the Office of Student Activities and the original forms will be returned to the organization’s advisor.
6. Upon return of travel, an itemized listing of all expenses incurred shall be submitted by completing the “Actual” portion of the Reimbursement Costs section of the travel form. Processing should proceed according to the signature line authority. All expense receipts are required for reimbursement.
Please meet with the Coordinator of Student Activities to discuss your travel plans in order to ensure that you have the proper forms available to you in hard copy or you may use the links below. It is important that all forms are completed correctly and turned in with all supporting documentation attached. The Student Activities Coordinator can provide direction and support for your organization travel and planning.
- Content Author glewis