Library Checkout Procedures
The David Glenn Hunt Library provides education-related materials to students, faculty members, and staff. We also strive to provide resources for members of the Galveston community. Please note the procedures are for students and non-students.
CURRENTLY ENROLLED STUDENTS
- You will need a Galveston College ID card with a current semester sticker to check out materials.
- Circulating library books can be checked out for two weeks.
- Circulating videotapes can be checked out for one week.
- Students are allowed to check out a maximum of five circulating items. Of these five items, three can be videotapes.
- Periodicals, newspapers and items marked REF (reference books) and RES (reserve) cannot be checked out.
- Reserve items are stored behind the Circulation Desk. You will need your ID to use these items.
- Remember to check the date card in the pocket. The last date stamped is the date the item is due. Items returned after that date will be subject to a fine.
- Fines are $.05 per day.
- Books and tapes can be renewed during the semester as long as no one else has requested the item. Renewals cannot extend past the last due date of the current semester.
- Books can be renewed over the phone by calling (409) 944-1240 or you can bring the book and your Galveston College ID card into the library.
- All books and videotapes are due at the end of the semester. Failure to return materials will result in grades being blocked and a loss of library check out privileges. Also, transcripts will not be issued until blocks are cleared.
NON-GALVESTON COLLEGE PATRONS
- Any person not enrolled as a Galveston College student is considered a non-Galveston College patron.
- In order to check out books, a non-Galveston College patron must be over 16 years of age, a resident within the boundaries of the Galveston College Tax District, and have a valid photo ID card.
- Non-Galveston College patrons follow the same procedures as Galveston students except that they are limited to three items for check out.
- Content Author rcushman