NOTE: This page provides only highlights from Galveston College's policy regarding computers and their use. Click here to view a PDF copy of the entire policy statement.
Responsibilities of Users and General Guidelines
- The primary purpose of the Library Computer Laboratory is to support the learning environment at Galveston College.
- The Galveston College Computer Lab is for Galveston College credit and continuing education students and employees only.
- Students may be asked to present a current Galveston College ID card.
- Nobody may accompany the user into the lab. This includes children, friends, etc.
- No food, drink, cell phones or loud conversations will be permitted in the lab.
- If the lab is full, the person who has been in the lab the longest period of time not doing college-related work will be asked to give up his/her station.
- A user shall use the College computer resources responsibly, always showing consideration and respecting the rights of others by not displaying materials that are offensive to others.
- A user is responsible for any usage of his/her computer account. Users should always maintain the secrecy of their password(s).
- A user must comply with all reasonable requests and instructions from the computer system operator/administrator.
- When communicating with others via the College computer system, a user's communications should reflect high ethical standards, mutual respect, and civility.
- Users are responsible for adhering to relevant network acceptable use policies.
- Content Author rcushman