The following immunization requirements must be completed before enrolling in the nurse assistant and phlebotomy programs:
· immunizations required – student will receive a list of immunizations when inquiring or registering for the medical classes.
· a criminal background check is required.
· students must have a high school diploma or ged
· current Texas id and social security card
(You will be required to furnish a copy of all of the above upon registration.)
Nurse Aide for Health Care
This course prepares for entry level nursing assistants to achieve a level of knowledge, skills, and abilities essential to provide basic care to residents of long-term care facilities. The course fee includes Healthcare Providers CPR. Textbook and Scrubs are required. State certification exam fee must be paid separately. High School Diploma or GED is required.
*Clinical Site: Manor Care Health Services, 750 Texas Avenue, Webster, TX 77598. ** Clinical may be during the day and/or weekends.
Students MUST wear Burgundy scrubs to clinical.
The Phlebotomy program is designed to prepare the student for an entry-level position as a phlebotomy technician.
The student will be eligible to take the American Society of Clinical Pathologists Board of Registry examination for certification upon completion of PLAB 1023 and PLAB 1066.
Enrollment requirements are:
• High School Diploma or GED is required.
• Current health professional level CPR (at time of entrance)
• Immunizations must be complete prior to enrolling in the Phlebotomy Program
Medical Coding Specialist Certificate 192 hours
Proper and accurate coding of diagnosis and procedures is the system by which hospitals; clinics, doctor’s offices and other health care facilities receive reimbursement for medical insurance claims. Careeropportunities exist as a clinical coder or insurance biller & coder. High School Diploma or GED required.
Textbooks are required.
* Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology must be completed before enrolling in the Medical Coding Specialist courses.
· Medical Terminology I
· Anatomy & Physiology for Medical Assistants
· Healthcare Provider CPR, Heatsaver - CPR AED, Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
· Computer Fundamentals for Medical Billing
· Medical Insurance
· Coding & Classification Systems
Other Healthcare Programs
Other Health Care PROGRAMS include:
- EKG Technician
- Patient Care Technician/Assistant
- Medication Aide for Nurse Aide
- Health Unit Coordinator
Please call 409-944-1344 or email at email@example.com for additional information and to register.
- Content Author boconnor