Eligibility & Cost
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or possess INS documentation of intent to become a permanent U.S. resident
- Must have completed the 8th grade but not entered the 11th grade
- Potential first generation college student (parent/guardian has not attained a four year degree)
- Financial need as established by federal guidelines (defined by taxable income)
- Demonstrate a need for academic support and a desire to succeed in high school and graduate from an institution of postsecondary education
There is NO cost to the participants of Upward Bound. Galveston College Upward Bound is 100% federally funded.