The College-Level Examination Program® or CLEP provides students with the opportunity to demonstrate college-level achievement through a program of exams in undergraduate college courses. CLEP allows a student to satisfy a proficiency requirement without taking the class.
More Information: http://clep.collegeboard.org/register/exam
Online Registration: www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/reg.html
galveston college is an official testing center for the college level examination program (clep). galveston college testing center administers all clep examinations; however the admissions office may limit the credits accepted. exams listed below may be accepted for credit at gc according to the admissions office policy.
policies are subject to change at any time. please check this with the admissions office for the most current policy.
TEST DAYS AND TIMES:
- Monday thru Saturday
- Students need to report to the testing site at least 15-30 minutes prior to their scheduled testing time of their scheduled testing date.
- Student must have registration receipt from collegeboard and payment receipt from Galveston College.
- Dates and/or times are subject to change without notice.
- $15.00 (non-transferable, non-refundable) paid to Galveston College
- Rescheduling will incur another registration/administration/ test fee payment.
- $80.00 per test (this payment is separate from the registration/administration fee)
- Must be paid via the College Board website before signing up at the Testing Center; visit the CLEP My Account website; Upon payment, you will receive a CLEP Voucher Number
- Current, unexpired picture identification (i.e., driver’s license, passport, state-issued ID, military ID, student ID, etc.)
- Second form of ID (i.e., any of the previously listed photo IDs, social security card, birth certificate, credit/debit card, library card, etc.)
- CLEP Voucher Number
ACCEPTABLE SCORES AND CREDIT:
Acceptable scores for CLEP exams are determined by the American Council on Education's "ACE Score" which appears on the score report. The only exception affecting the recommended score is with the English exams which require an essay before credit may be considered. The English Department will make a final decision about awarding credit based on a combination of the scores from the computer portion of the test and the essay portion of the test.
Credit will not be awarded for an exam if the student has taken the course and received a grade and/or credit for the course. Specific course prefixes, numbers, and credit hours will be awarded for acceptable scores, but no grades will be awarded.
ADDITIONAL SCORE REPORTS: There is a charge for additional score reports. To order a score report or receive additional information:
- USE: the Transcript Request Form at the bottom of your original score report
- WRITE: CLEP Transcript Request Service, P. O. Box 6600, Princeton, NJ 08541-6600
- CALL: 609) 771-7865 or 1-800-257-9558
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- FAX: (609) 771-7088.
- The College Board has a policy of waiting six months from the date of an exam in order to retake a CLEP exam and GC strictly adheres to this policy. Examinees are responsible for knowing and adhering to the retake policy.
CLEP WEB SITE:
(Galveston College Policy Information - Revised 04/22/2014)