Portal is down -- work-around for students and faculty
The GC IT Department is currently working on resolving the unexpected downtime regarding the Whitecaps Portal.
As we are repairing this issue, we have implemented a work-around to allow students and faculty to access the Self-Service functionality of the Whitecaps Portal.
Please follow the steps below in order to login and perform the necessary tasks:
1. Go to http://gcdtwebadv.gc.net:8080/WAACPP/WAACPP
a. You can also reach this page by going to http://www.gc.edu and clicking the Whitecaps Portal link.
2. You will be taken to a page that has the words “Datatel University” across the top.
3. Click the Log In link.
4. Enter your Galveston College user name and password into the appropriate boxes.
a. For Students, be sure to enter your user name with CAPITAL letters, as in GC0123456. In this instance, the user name is case-sensitive.
b. For Faculty and Staff, be sure to enter your user name with LOWER-CASE letters, as in jsmith. In this instance, the user name is case-sensitive.
5. For Faculty to enter grades, click the Faculty button from the menu on the right.
a. Then click the Grading link under the Faculty Information menu.
6. For Students to register for and pay for classes, click the Student button from the menu on the right.
a. Then click the Register and Drop Classes link under the Student Registration menu.
b. Or, click the Account Summary or Make a Payment links under the Student Financial Info menu.
If you have any questions, please contact the GC Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 409-944-1352.
Additional updates regarding the status of the Whitecaps Portal will be provided when available.