The Board of Regents of Galveston College is pleased to invite applications and nominations for the position of President. The President of the College is the chief executive officer and reports directly to the Board of Regents.
The Board seeks a leader committed to educational excellence. The successful candidate will be a person of vision, high energy and integrity.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
▪ An understanding and commitment to the comprehensive community college
▪ A successful record of maintaining and sustaining a cohesive relationship with faculty, staff and students
▪ A willingness to foster and maintain high ethical standards
▪ Ability to understand the history and culture of Galveston College and be able to effectively communicate with the community it serves
▪ Successful educational leadership focused on learning with experience in program development, evaluation, regional accreditation and outcomes assessment
▪ Demonstrated management skills in support of the College Foundation, resource development, financial management, team building and strategic planning
▪ A successful record of promoting partnerships with various constituencies including higher education institutions, public schools, business, labor and community groups
▪ Demonstrated success with institutional advocacy with an ability to represent the college needs in the community and at all levels of government
▪ Strong decisive leadership experience and a decision making style based on collaborative relationships and one which seeks to empower others
▪ Evidence of a working knowledge of the use and implementation of technology in both educational and administrative environments
▪ Evidence of effective leadership in supporting economic development and workforce training
▪ Sensitivity to diversity issues and a demonstrated ability to lead an institution in which differences are valued
▪ A demonstrated support of services which enhance student life and contribute to student success
▪ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate people within a collegial environment
▪ Successful senior level experience preferably in a community college; earned doctorate preferred, master's degree required.
Individuals interested in this position should submit the following materials:
▪ Galveston College application
▪ A letter of interest
▪ A current résumé
▪ Unofficial transcripts
▪ A reference list that includes telephone numbers, addresses, and e-mail address for at least five professional references.
Review of applicants not guaranteed after March 23, 2007.
A Gold Hill Associates Search
Send complete application to:
It is the policy of Galveston College to provide equal opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or veteran status.